Friday, July 1, 2011

Foodies

We don't know what the rest of the day holds, but we know this morning is all about MUFFINS!

I did not tell her to "pose" the muffin mix. She did that on her own.



I think Bri feels like the Little Red Hen here - she did all the work and doesn't want Hunter to share in the rewards:


He's happy with his apricots though!



Also, I forgot to post a picture the other day of this delicious pizza we had! Mushrooms and bell pepper that were on sale, pasta sauce left over, turkey pepperoni, yummmmmmy! I know it doesn't look as good as store-bought but it's so good!


And, our produce this week! Blackberries, blueberries, lettuce, tomatoes, peaches, carrots and fresh corn! The corn I made yesterday when Jenn and company came over for lunch. I just put it in aluminum foil, spread butter on it, sprinkled it with Lawry's seasoned salt and pepper, and baked it at 375 for 20 minutes. It was very good! Bri ate two cobs by herself - she is a corn queen!


And, no picture with this, but more of an FYI. We love french fries around here. I make homemade fries probably five times a week. I love them with just olive oil, kosher/regular/sea salt and pepper, but I have also branched out a little bit to see what else tastes good on there. Of course garlic salt is very good, I have also sprinkled Lawry's seasoned salt on them which is great too. But today I tried something I wasn't quite sure about - I mixed catalina dressing with the olive oil that I cooked the fries in. It turned out really good! I loved the little zing that went with the great taste of the fries. I will definitely do this again because I am trying to use up the rest of the catalina dressing before it goes bad. :)

Talk to me about food!

No comments: