Thursday, December 20, 2012

Psalm 47

2012-12-20 17.02.10
 

Things God will do or has done (actions):
  • He will subdue the people under us and the nations under our feet (v. 3)
  • He will choose our inheritance for us (v. 4)
  • He has gone up with a shout (v. 5)
  • He reigns and sits on his throne (v. 8)
Commands to me:
  • Clap and shout to God (v. 1)
  • Sing. SING. SING!! (v. 6, 7) 
Characteristics of God:
Awesome, powerful, great king, ruler over all, KING, holy, exalted

Things to take away from this:
I must praise God. I can't be ashamed to clap, or shout, or sing, or anything that is truly praising him. He is completely awesome and he is king over all the earth. One day that will be proven. He is setting up an inheritance for us, which is incorruptible, undefiled and reserved for me. (1 Peter 1:4). God has ascended and he is reigning over us all as he sits on his holy throne! He is absolutely worthy of our praise and deserves to be exalted.

What awesome scripture!!

I would love to know if you have any thoughts to add to this beautiful scripture! Something I missed? Something I misinterpreted? Something I should take note of? 

No comments: