Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Local Business: Paint Store

In August, my nephew Kaleb turned one. We were struggling with what to buy him that would be unique and something he would enjoy for a long time.

So you can certainly imagine my excitement when I came across this trunk at a yard sale:


 I know, I know, doesn't look like much. But I knew he needed a toy chest and this chest was super sturdy and made from really good wood. I even got my sister's opinion because she is the expert in my opinion! She was very impressed with my purchase so I was very happy.

But then... I knew I wanted to paint it blue because they have a nautical-theme going on in their house. But I am not a painter. I didn't know how much to get, what kind, what color, NOTHING. So I turned to another expert - Joe at Sandhills Paint. I showed him a picture of the chest and explained where I was going with this project. He helped me pick out the perfect color and primer, and helped me understand what type of paint I needed and everything.

Priming:


 Finished: Mariner Blue!


A little seashore action going on and scripture - Matthew 8:23-27 - "And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!"



I am completely happy with the outcome of this "trash to treasure" project. It's filled with toys at Kaleb's house now, and I hope he'll be able to enjoy it for several years!

Next project for us from Sandhills Paint: our master bathroom! I'm excited!

Sandhills Paint Center
177A Pinehurst Avenue
Southern Pines, NC 28387

910-692-7000

No comments: