Friday, May 24, 2013

Psalm 30

Today I'm blogging about Psalm 30. Go here to read it in your preferred version.

I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication.
What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.



I must praise God because He has lifted me up and given me support through times of trouble and persecution. When I cry to God He will heal me. He has saved my soul from the grave. Given me life everlasting! I must sing to Him. I must thank Him. He will get angry at me (my sin and actions) and discipline me, just like a parent, but He is only angry for a short time. I will be a better person because of that discipline. He makes me stand strong and if I will cry out to Him, He will be merciful. He can help me through my grief. He can give me joy and gladness. My glory to Him will not be silent!

These words make me think of one of my favorite songs - We Won't Be Quiet by David Crowder Band. It's a really fun song and talks about how we can't be quiet because God is everything to us!


No comments: