Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pitchin' A Fit! (Review)






This review is for the book "Pitchin' A Fit" by Israel and Brook Wayne. I have to admit, this book came to me at a time that I really needed to hear these words. My two children are five years old and six years old, so they are at that golden age where they are so independent and mature at times that I end up expecting too much from them. This often leads to me getting frustrated with them when I really shouldn't be. The authors go through so many topics in this book, such as anger in the Bible, what causes anger (which will be different for all of us), what the Bible says about anger toward our children, what sets us as individuals off, sections on patience, how to correct and affirm our children, and how to work towards having peace in our home. I just have to say that I needed this book so badly! I am not a consistently angry parent but I have moments in my parenting that I am so displeased with. I do take the time to repent to God and my children for those actions, and this book did confirm that those are awesome steps. The advice in this book, I think, will help those moments of mine be further and further apart in time. I think this is a book that every single parent should read. It is easy to read, down to earth, honest, right on your level, and will help you feel encouraged and not alone in this journey.

Thank you to Cross Focused Reviews for a copy of the book in exchange for my review.

No comments: