Thursday, March 23, 2017

Control Girl (Review)



This review is for the book "Control Girl" by Shannon Popkin. This book was such an eye-opener for me! At first I thought I would just skim this book since I have no control issues whatsoever. Well, imagine my surprise when it turns out that I am a total control freak! This book ended up helping me so much and showing me things about myself that I was just totally blind to. Yes, there are times when it is important for me to be controlling (i.e. decisions regarding my kids, etc.) but sometimes I just want to play devil's advocate. I've realized since reading this book how many times I try to be in control just for the sake of being in control, and I don't want to continue like that. I don't want to feel like I have to be in control in relationships with my friends and family! This book helped me so much with looking at ladies in the Bible and relating that to my life now. I am definitely placing this book on my bookshelf and I will refer back to it as necessary. I am really thankful I read this book and I definitely recommend it for all you control freaks, or those of you who don't think you're control freaks! You might be surprised what you learn about yourself!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.



No comments: