Monday, September 24, 2007

Artsy Fartsy

Jenn and I spent the weekend with Libba in Charlotte. My mind was unbelievably blown away, from the moment I saw Lib's decor to the Art and Chocolate shop to the Art Festival. I cannot imagine people possessing such talent. I still think Lib had to hire someone to decorate her house - no normal person has that kind of vision. Just kidding Lib! I got some ideas from her but I promise they will not look normal in my house.

The food was one of the best parts of the weekend. We ate at Macaroni Grill, Fuddrucker's, and some pancake house which I should remember the name of but I don't. I can't believe how good that food was. Incredible. Also incredible that I judge so much of the weekend based on how good the food was.

It was so much fun to get away for a weekend. I can't wait for Stephen's new job to start in October so that we can do things together on weekends again. Of course, I will obviously want to do trips with just girls too, so I don't overload on testosterone.

This weekend is the first UFC at our house with everyone coming. I can't wait! And these are going to be some great fights, so I'm really excited. Also, I'm excited about the food that will be there.

We are going grocery shopping tonight. We haven't gone for 6 weeks because we're in such a mode of finishing everything before we go spend more money on stuff that will sit around. We have so much food in the freezer and pantry. But I have to admit, we're really starting to stretch it, and we're eating the same things over and over again. So we're breaking down and going tonight, but we won't get much because of Stephen leaving for Charleston soon. We'll go shopping when he's home for good.

This is a pretty boring post and I apologize, I'm really just trying to fill up some time. So I guess I'll go now and do something else.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kirby said...

I had a great time in Charlotte too -- and share your envy of Lib's decorating talent. What can we bring Friday?

Libba Lemon said...

You girls are too sweet :)

Thanks again for brightening my September! It was so wonderful to be with you.

xoxo.