Friday, April 23, 2010

No Time!

Okay, I have gotten emails out the rear end about not posting for almost three weeks!! I do realize this is a problem, but I don't have time to post recently! Brianna celebrated her first birthday on Sunday, the 18th so of course we had friends and family over to celebrate. Those are the pictures I'll post here, although I have tons of pictures that are older that I need to post too.

As I am typing this, she is turning on all of her toys (we turn them off overnight) and deciding which one to play with. It makes me so happy that I don't have to turn her toys on for her anymore! What a smart girl.

By the way, I didn't get a chance to take a single picture. Renee was kind enough to take all of these for me - I haven't even seen them until right now. So thank you so much, Renee, for accepting my camera and taking so many pictures!! (I was in charge of the video camera.)

While the pictures are uploading (takes forever), I have to say that Brianna got some amazing things for her birthday!! I can honestly say that every single thing she got is different from any thing else she has here. Claire got her a bunch of musical instruments that fit into a drum. Right now Brianna's favorite instrument is the recorder. I've been trying to record her playing it but every time I break out my camera she reaches for the camera and quits playing!! Her Grandma Betty got her these really cute animal magnets that are so soft! One of Bri's favorite pastimes is playing with the magnets on the fridge, especially while I'm cooking. This was a great gift and Bri has already spent a lot of time playing with them. I think my favorite thing from Aunt Gail was a charm bracelet with her first charm - Noah's Ark! This will be so much fun to add on to each year. My favorite thing from Steve and Kathy is a flower doorknob hanger that is bouncy. I hung it on a doorknob in the living room and Bri will just tug on it and laugh when it bounces up and down! Entertainment for hours! The big hit from Granny and Granddaddy is in several of these pictures - a tall toy that has spirals for balls to roll down. That's not a very good description, but both Bri and Claire played with this toy a lot on Sunday. It's the perfect height for them and they both love it! The thing from Renee et. al that I can't wait to put to use is beach toys!! We are going to the beach a handful of times this summer and this has the shovel, bucket, everything you need to play in the sand. I can't wait to use those with Bri! My favorite gift from Aunt Joy is a gorgeous gold cross necklace. I haven't put it on Bri yet because I'm scared she'll rip it off right now but I can't wait for her to wear it. And Brianna's favorite toy from Grandma and Grandpa is a toy mailbox. I've never seen a toy like this and it makes me laugh so much! She loves this toy and it's one of the ones that is easy to turn on as well which makes it better.

Okay, overloaded much?? Well get ready because the pictures are ready now.






























1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pictures are great!!! Renee did a wonderful job. I'll quit nagging now.