Thursday, December 23, 2010

Organization: Bathroom

I go through phases where I actually have time to organize different parts of the house. I have completed the laundry room, several closets, the pantry, the kitchen, the dining room... so my next project was to tackle the master bathroom.

Many months ago we put everything that was hazardous to Brianna in one of our cabinets and babyproofed it (i.e. put a rubber band around the knobs.) But in recent months she has started playing with things that aren't hazardous but I am so tired of cleaning up! Such as cotton balls. No, they aren't dangerous, but they are sure as heck easy to pull apart and spread all over the bathroom. Plus, our shelves just looked disastrous.

Beach towels haphazardly put away. Cleaning supplies in disarray, just stashed up there to be out of Brianna's reach. White basket full of "miscellaneous" products like sunscreen. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash jumbled together.




So I made use of some of the extra plastic tubs we had around the house. I don't have pictures, but I cleared out the space underneath both sides of our sink. Beneath Stephen's side of the sink are now "dangerous" items (electric razor, rubbing alcohol, etc.) and body wash. Beneath my side of the sink of tubs of those miscellaneous items and all "odor control" products (body sprays and deodorants). Both sides of the sink are babyproofed now.

Now:

Beach towels are put away in the upstairs closet with all other linens. Cleaning supplies stayed in the same place - out of reach!

One plastic tub holds all of our oral care products. The other holds all of our shaving supplies.

White basket is now for hairstyling products such as blowdryer and hair straightener. Also on that shelf are all lotions.

Bottom shelf is now designated for towels, washcloths and hand towels.


Like I said I don't have pictures but everything else in the bathroom is so much more organized too. I put a small basket on the counter in between our two sinks which holds everything we are using right now - lotion, toothpaste, contact solution, etc.

Ahhh, much better.

No comments: