Thursday, February 28, 2013

Don't Throw Away Your Confidence

Last weekend I went to a teen girl conference with some other girls and moms from our church. The speaker was Lynn Cowell who was AMAZING (Check her out!)

She was speaking of our confidence as females - how we tend to base it on our looks, or our brains, or if we get a promotion, or our popularity, or basically tons of things that we shouldn't be basing our confidence on. She was a great speaker, and we went home with a chart that she actually nabbed from "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope. I wanted to share it because I think it is great! (For anyone, not just females!)

When I say... What if I fail?  God says... I will give you victory! My truth: 2 Corinthians 2:14 - Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

When I say... I don't have enough courage. God says... Be strong and do the work. My truth: 1 Chronicles 28:20 - And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.

When I say... No one sees me. God says... I see you. My truth: Isaiah 43:4 - Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

When I say.. I feel overwhelmed. God says... Let my love and faithfulness guard your heart. My truth: Lamentations 3:21-23 - This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

When I say... I don't have enough confidence. God says... I will be your confidence. My truth: Proverbs 3:26 - For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

When I say... I'm not good enough. God says... You're royalty to me. My truth: Isaiah 62:3 - Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

When I say... I'm nothing special. God says... You are a masterpiece. My truth: Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

When I say... I'm not strong enough. God says... I am your strength. My truth: Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

When I say... I don't know what to do. God says... I will give you wisdom. My truth: James 1:5 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.   
 

No comments: