This book review is for the book "As Waters Gone By" by Cynthia Ruchti. In this book, Emmalyn Ross and her husband Max are really struggling to keep their marriage together. It is particularly a struggle because Max is in prison. After not speaking for a few years, Emmalyn strikes out on her own for a new beginning. What she finds in her new beginning is hope and redemption. Even when a monkey wrench is thrown into the equation in the form of Max's 12-year old daughter (aptly named "Hope"), the journey still continues down a beautiful path.
I enjoyed the characters of this novel and their spunky personalities. I felt the end tied up really quickly and I would have liked a bit more of an epilogue, but I liked the story quite a lot.
Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.
Can a marriage survive when separated by hundreds of miles and impenetrable prison walls? Find out in Cynthia Ruchti's new book, As Waters Gone By. Emmalyn and Max Ross may have to endure the fight of their lives to mend the tattered fabric of their marriage. His actions ensured she could never be a mother and put him in prison, giving their relationship a court-mandated five-year time-out.
Cynthia is celebrating the release of As Waters Gone By by giving away a summer of fun to one lucky reader!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- A $100 cash card to put toward your trip to Madeline Island (discover the beauty of the setting of As Waters Gone By) or your summer vacation destination
- A book-club set (10 copies of As Waters Gone By and a downloadable starter kit) so you can start your own summer book club
Enter today by clicking the icon below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on June 10th. The winner will be announced June 11th on Cynthia's blog.
Plus, now through mid-July, sign up for Cynthia's mailing list for a five-day virtual tour around Madeline Island for the chance to win a Hemmed in Hope prize pack. Each day begins with an email from Cynthia that introduces where you'll be “visiting” that day (all key places from As Waters Gone By) with various interactive elements, including“I wish you were here” postcards, trivia quizzes, and an ongoing Island scavenger hunt. The person who interacts the most will win a Hemmed in Hope prize pack (valued at more than $200). That includes:
- The letterpress block Hope sign from DaySpring
- A set of 6 Hemmed in Hope notecards showing a hope-themed Bible verse
- A leather “I can’t unravel, I’m hemmed in hope” journal
- Signed copies of each of Cynthia’s books, fiction and non-fiction