Sunday, December 11, 2016

Getaway With God (Review)




This review is for the book "Getaway With God" by Letitia Suk. This book was so good! I have not read any other book like this - and that's saying a lot! In this book, Letitia Suk approaches the subject of getting away from it all and taking a personal retreat to focus on you and your relationship with God. As a stay-at-home mom, I feel like this is something that most moms could use, but we often can't find the time or money to do something like this. Letitia talks about those things and she is really encouraging in the different types of retreats that she suggests.

At one time, she was able to do a 5-day retreat, and she was willing to share her outline and schedule of those five days in this book. She even laid out sample schedules for other retreats, such as just one day or just overnight. She laid out why a retreat is so important for us, and she shared her own experiences.

I loved this book. Although I have had similar experiences going on retreats with friends or family, I have never done a retreat by myself, and I can see how enriching it would be. I think this is a book that all ladies should read and try to incorporate into their lives somehow!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.


Getaway with God Letitia Suk

No comments: