Monday, December 5, 2016

You're Saying It Wrong (Review)



This review is for the book "You're Saying It Wrong" by Ross Petras and Kathryn Petras. When I saw this book I just knew I had to get it. This book is a guide to pronouncing the top 150 most commonly mispronounced words. It even gives a background on the words. I am such a word geek, so this book is one that I am keeping for myself but also buying for my word geek friends for Christmas!

The book is alphabetical and contains words that I didn't even know I was mispronouncing, such as "bruschetta" and "spit and image" (I always say "spitting image")!! As you can see, it also includes phrases. The book even contains some names, such as "Thames" and "Beijing". Also, sprinkled throughout the pages are lists such as British names, names of authors, and names of wines.

I absolutely love this book. Any writers, readers, and word lovers out there NEED this book in their lives! I highly recommend it!

Thank you to the publisher for a copy of the book.

No comments: