Friday, December 2, 2016

The Remnant (Review)



This review is for the book "The Remnant" by Monte Wolverton. This book is a post-Apocalypse novel. The Apolcalypse happened in 2069 but Jesus didn't show up. Instead, war, natural disasters, and pandemics destroyed most of the earth's population. There is a government controlling everything now from Tunisia. Workers in a camp decide to embark on a dangerous journey to escape and see if they can find "true" Christians. They don't know what is out there, outside of the camp, but they are willing to take their chances. They go on a dangerous adventure, coming across many different groups of Christians who seem to be self-serving, misinterpreting scripture, and sometimes just seem to be operating on plain lunacy. Throughout it all the group gains some spiritual fortitude and begins to figure out what exactly they believe.

I will say this wasn't the most riveting book I have ever read. I just couldn't get into it. I think the premise of the book is good, but I never connected with the characters and there were several parts I ended up just skimming.

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.

No comments: