Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Winding Down?

I was hoping this week would be a winding down week. So far it hasn't been, but I kind of made up for it by being a lazy slob all day today. Last week was super busy because of VBS every night. Then Saturday, we switched out siblings and sadly waved goodbye to Jennifer Kl. but said salutations to Joshie. Monday night we took our annual trip to South of the Border (Jabs, really - they're much cheaper) with Steve, Aaron, and Josh. We have so much fun shopping for fireworks. Mainly because we're really dorky about it. Stephen and I have an Excel spreadsheet of all the fireworks we've bought, how much they cost (that was my idea years ago but now I don't really know why it matters if their price is raised or lowered), and our rating from 1-4 stars (based on prettiness, loudness and lasting power.) I absolutely love doing it.

Last night we went wall climbing again. Lauren T and Lauren H came as well. It was so much fun. Not rushed like last week because we went on my lunch break. Last night we were able to stay almost 3 hours and just do whatever. This wall is four different walls with several different trails on all of those walls. There is one "easy" which is straight up, another straight but much harder, one that stairsteps, and one that inverts. The inverted one is kind of the one you're out to conquer, because you know it's the hardest one. Well, I am proud to say that I got it on my very first try! I had done it about 3 or 4 years ago, but it took me several tries over several weeks. I think it's safe to say I'm much stronger now than I was then. Anyway, we had a really good time, and we'll be back out there next Saturday with a lot more people.

Today I went to lunch with mom and dad. I made hamburger vegetable soup and it was flat out delicious. Also, so were mom's sides of cheese toast, M&M cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. I didn't want to do anything after eating but lay around and rest up for eating more later. But we ended up playing cards and I won, of course. All in all, a very good day because I was also able to do some housework, clean out some boxes from our move, and watch a Lifetime movie. Awesome!! I'm off now, going to Steve's tonight for the July 4 festivities. It will be a huge cookout with a huge bonfire, great people, and a multitude of fireworks. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Seems ya'll have been pretty busy. I hope ya'll have fun tonight at Steve's we had plans for today and tonight but me and mom went to a movie and shopping so they kind of got ruined so not sure what's going on tonight. See you soon! p.s. don't miss me too much! luv ya Jenn KL.