Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's one or the other


This is the work pool - 3 people think it's a boy. 7 think it's a girl. What do you think? We'll find out tomorrow!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pregnancy Myths (guessing the sex)
Carrying high, carrying low: Low means boy, high means girl. I can't tell yet. Mom thinks you need to be further along than I am to tell.
The color of urine: From what I hear, if your pee is a dull yellow color, you’re having a girl. Bright yellow means boy. What about clear? I guess when it's not clear, it's dull. Girl.
Heartbeat: Higher than 140 beats per minute means girl; lower means boy. So far, that means this is a girl.
Sweet or salty: Salty foods mean a boy, and sweets means a girl. I haven't liked sweets that much in years, and that really hasn't changed with pregnancy. Boy.
Weight gain for spouse: If your husband gains weight with you, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t, it’s a boy. I don't think Stephen has gained a pound since we got married, much less in the past few months, so this result is a boy.
Face shape: If the mother’s face is full, she’s having a girl. Most people say I haven't gained any weight in my face. Boy.
Acne: Supposedly, boys give beauty and girls take it away. I am definitely having crazy acne flare-ups like never before - well, not since my teenage years anyway. So that means a girl.
Key handling: Pick up a key; if you grab it by the thin end, you’re having a girl. The fat end means boy. As of late, I have been picking keys up by the thin end - but I think I always do that. Girl.
Express yourself: According to this myth, Momma just might know best. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby’s sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their babies 71 percent of the time. I have really felt like this is a boy.
Hair down there: The hair on your legs! If it’s growing faster than usual, it’s a boy. Mine hasn't changed from what I can tell. (Insert smart-mouth remark about me not ever shaving) Girl.
Hot feet, cold feet: If your feet are colder than before pregnancy, it means boy. No colder than usual means girl. My feet are always cold, so this for me would be girl.
Bread heels: If you like to eat the end pieces of a loaf of bread, you’re having a boy. Not eating it means girl. Well, I eat the ends because I think it's wasteful not to, not necessarily because I love them. I'll say boy for this one.
Hands: If someone asks to see your hands and you show them palms down, it means boy. Palms up means girl. Nobody has done this, and now I would have thought about it too much for it to be of any value, so this one is pretty much useless. Inconclusive.
Mug holding: If you take a mug by grabbing the handle, you’re having a boy. Grabbing the body of the mug means girl, which is something I never do because I can't get a good grip on it. Boy.
Age and year of conception: If either both are even or odd, you’re having a girl. If only one is even or odd, you’re having a boy. I am 25 and conceived in 2008. So it's a boy!
That's 7 myths for boy, 6 for a girl. Pretty even! Guess we'll just have to let electronics tell us for sure.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

I want to go on the record as guessing BOY!