Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Was there ever any doubt?

I didn't doubt that the Heels were going to be victorious last night. This year I actually paid attention to the teams I was picking, and tried to make good decisions about my picks. No, I didn't watch any games during the regular season, but I can only do so much. Anyway, it almost paid off, because I came in third place this year. I'm very happy considering my last few years:

2008 - #11; 2007 - #15, 2006 - #16, 2005 - #8, and 2004 - #18. Maybe someday I'll get the number one spot.


Renee told me yesterday that I have "the look" and she thinks it won't be long until I go into labor. She said the look involves my nose spreading and lips swelling, but I think the look involves droopy eyes and crankiness. If looks could contain crankiness, that is. She has also ordered me to start leaving work early to go home and relax. Oh, if only.

Tonight we're going to a Hurricanes game and I am just sure this will be the thing that throws me into labor, because what's more embarrassing than to start leaking water in front of 20000 people? Gail thinks I'm going to go into labor on Wednesday because that's the day that dad leaves for Georgia. It's also the day that Stephen's family leaves to go back to Georgia, so it would definitely be inconvenient, which ups the chances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the beginning of my pregnancy, everyone told me that my sense of smell would become crazy sensitive, but it never did. (Even though people kept on saying, "Just wait! Just wait!") But within the last week, I have really noticed certain smells that I could just sit and inhale for forever. Some of these include:

  • coffee grounds, but not coffee
  • the inside of Stephen's truck, but not either of our cars
  • the vinyl room at work
  • shoe stores
  • gasoline

Of course, considering the fact that my desk at work is right next to the bathrooms and break room, this sense of smell sometimes has been working my gag reflex.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday I was able to hit the yard sales I wanted to hit so badly. I went with mom and dad, and we tried to go kind of late in the hopes that prices would be cut in half. I ended up getting more books than I needed to, and a couple of other tiny little things. I also got an old favorite game of mine, Beyond Balderdash. We tried it out last night. I loved it, but I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan or not!

Sunday at church we had to have another baptism! What a great "problem" to have! I think there have been only three weeks since we moved into our new sanctuary when we haven't had a baptism. It's so exciting!

I have a lot of fun things to look forward to this week, which will probably make it go pretty fast. Today I have lunch with Stephen's family, and tonight a few of us are going to the Hurricanes vs. Islanders game. Tomorrow I'll have lunch with mom. Thursday will be a doctor's appointment, and Friday I'll get to eat with Jenn (and have a day off of work!!!). Plus, this weekend is our Easter drama at church. It's going to be Friday and Saturday, April 10 and 11 at 8pm. It's an outdoor drama that takes you from the time Jesus was betrayed in the garden by Judas until the resurrection. Come and see Jesus beaten as He carries the cross, see Him praying in the garden, see Him be literally lifted up on the cross, and then see the awesome ending! This is seriously an amazing play. We're not in it this year because, well, we just didn't want to commit to anything we'd end up backing out of! So we will be watching it instead of participating. Anyway, if you get to come, you WON'T regret it!

I have some pictures and videos to post but I don't know when I'll have time to do it. I'll attempt it sometime this week!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

I forgot you're off work on Friday. Want to meet me at the Chick instead of at the office?

Great job on the brackets, by the way! That was a huge pool with lots of competition.