Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy Days

It seems like yesterday and today have just been full of things to do! Yesterday morning Brianna had her two-month shots at the pediatrician's office. Two months? Whaaaa? Sure, it seems like this chunky cutie-pie has been around forever, but when you say it like that it sounds so old!

She did SO good. She now weighs 10 pounds, 10 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long. What's funny is mom found my two-month checkup sheet just today. I was 11 pounds, 14 ounces and was 23 (or 23 1/2, now I can't remember) inches long. Yowza! Of course, I was also three weeks overdue (sorry mom) and so I was a bit ahead of Brianna in the first place. The doctor raved about Brianna (well, duh.) During her shots, she cried very loudly, but as soon as they were over and I picked her up she quieted right down. Then we came home and she slept for a couple of hours. I had to go out in the afternoon because I had a dermatologist appointment, but after I got home we gave her some Tylenol just to head off any pending fever or pain she might have. We gave her one more dose about 5 hours later right before bedtime, hoping she'd sleep well. And she slept as well as any other night! I never gave her any more doses because she didn't seem to be in any pain, fussy, or have a fever. She had seemed a bit fussy before that first dose of Tylenol when we moved her, so she was probably sore. Today she has been great though.

Luckily she was great, because mom kept her this morning while I went to yet another doctor's appointment. So in the past two days, Bri has gotten shots, I've had a mole removed, and found out my mastitis has cleared up. Lots of doctor's visits.

Tonight we are having Little Caesar's with Matt and Jenn! It has just opened, much to the delight of Stephen. So I'm very excited about that!!

Brianna right after getting home from her shots (look at her cute pink camo bandaids!)


A little dose of daddy makes everything better:

No comments: