Monday, June 22, 2009

Productivity

It's amazing how your definition of productivity changes based on your situation. Where I used to find that I felt productive after working 8-10 hours (or 12-15 hours based on which job I was at), I now feel productive today, already, after being awake for less than six hours. But today, I have successfully exercised, washed dishes, clipped coupons, read the Sunday paper, done two loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, written three articles, and taken care of this cute little baby. If I get nothing else done today I will at least feel relieved that my day wasn't wasted.

This weekend was SO MUCH FUN!!! Saturday, Stephen, Steve and I went on our annual trip to South Carolina to stock up on fireworks. Fortunately for us, mom and dad were willing to babysit Brianna while we were gone. It was a really nice afternoon. We got to the fireworks place and it wasn't crowded at all. This was the earliest in June we've ever gone before and it was definitely worth it. I was able to suck up to the manager by asking his opinion on a bunch of stuff and he ended up giving us two sets of fireworks for free - that would have cost us $25 otherwise. Mom and dad said that Bri performed brilliantly while she was there, so I'm really glad.

Saturday night Steve and Kathy stayed over for dinner, which consisted of ribs, corn on the cob and yeast rolls. Divine!! It was a lot of fun and after they left we stayed up to watch the fight.

Sunday was Father's Day, so we went to church in the morning and spent the afternoon relaxing watching movies. We tried to take a nap, but Bri wasn't having it. Later on in the evening we went to Jenn and Matt's for delicious burgers and a huge assortment of other foods. We had a great time there too, and by the time we got home Brianna was officially wiped out.

Now I am just looking forward to July 4th!! Every year we have a huge blowout at Steve's house with cooking out and fireworks. This year we bought MASSIVE amounts of fireworks. I am so excited! That's something we look forward to every year.

Sounds like it's time for Brianna's afternoon snack, so I'll have to end this now!

No comments: