Saturday, February 6, 2010
Fact or Crap
Oh man! How cool is it that Daria nominated me for a Blogger award? The trick is, I have to come up with ten honest bits of information about me that haven't been talked about in previous blogs. Soooooo... let's see if I can get through ten things!!
1) One of the things I wish most that I could change about myself is the fact that I am always starting new projects, and then I get bored or forget about them and start new ones. Before long I have dozens of half-finished things laying around the house or on my permanent to do list. That's why I'm so determined to make sure that Fed By Faith continues, as well as my private Bible study time.
2) When I was younger - I think around the 5th-6th grade maybe? - I was in an advertisement for Toyota in Newsweek. It was a local business that the father of a friend owned, and my friend got to pick ten or so friends to be in the ad. The reason I was so pumped about it was because the Newsweek cover featured Harrison Ford that week. Hot!!
3) I've had two of the most common surgeries - an appendectomy and a tonsillectomy. Other than that, I've never had any major health concerns - only one or two stitches and no broken bones.
4) One year in college for April Fool's Day, my roommate and I went to our neighbors' apartment and shut off their electricity by cutting off the breaker box. They didn't even know they had a breaker box in the apartment and complained for forever about their electricity not working even though they paid the bill.
5) One time when I was 17, a friend and I were in Virginia. We found out that in Virginia you could see R-rated movies (in NC it was (is?) 18). We were so excited that we went to see a movie which I have now forgotten.
6) I never went to Disneyworld until I was 19 years old. It seemed like everyone else in the world had been except for me. It was fun, but probably only because of the people I was with (Stephen's family). I've already told Stephen we're not going back until all of our children are old enough to enjoy it. (Knock out the big trip in one fell swoop!)
7) When I was in the sixth grade I became infuriated when I found out that girls couldn't try out for the baseball team. I petitioned both the coach and the principal, who decided that I could try out if I really wanted to. When I found out I'd have to be able to hit a fastball going 70-80 mph I opted to try out for cheerleading instead (bad move, and a hilarious story.)
8) I went to my first prom when I was a sophomore and my boyfriend was a junior at another school. I bought what I thought was a very unique dress, only to find another girl at the prom in the same dress. It may sound petty, but the only way I felt redeemed was because mine was a size 4 and hers was a size 16. (P.S. I never purchased a prom dress from a department store again.)
9) One of my first "bad boy" crushes happened when I was about 11. His name was Michael O'Brien and he lived down the street. The real reason I loved him was because he had an earring. I didn't even care that it was pink. (I also loved George Michael because of his earring.... pattern?)
10) When I was younger, I think around 9 or 10, one summer I collected caterpillars. I put them all in one of those bug catchers and named each one. I ended up with somewhere between 20 and 30 caterpillars. I wrote my sister a letter (she was at camp) telling her all the names. The ones I can remember are: Brother Bear, Sister Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Rescue 911, Rescue 123, Rescue 456, Rescue 789, and Eddie. By the way, I loved the Berenstein Bears, the show Rescue 911, and the name Eddie.
I don't know a huge amount of bloggers, so if you are reading this and want to participate, feel free to consider yourself nominated to blog about 10 honest things about yourself!! Thanks Daria!