Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good Stuff

My throat is officially scratchy. Why, you ask? What a good question.

Tonight on the way home from church Bri was so fussy! She was just throwing an absolute fit - she wanted her shoes off, she wanted her shoes on, she wanted her water, she wasn't thirsty, you know the routine if you've been around kids. Finally I said, "Brianna, what can we do for you?" And she said, "Opabov" which means she wants to sing "Twinkle Twinkle". So I started singing it, within about five seconds she is saying, "Dadddddyyyyyy...." which means that he is supposed to sing too. Every time we started trailing off at the end of the song we would hear, "Opabov! Opabov!" in this frantic voice from the backseat! So we sang Twinkle Twinkle about a dozen times. Finally I decided we could sing some other songs. We ended up singing every nursery rhyme song we could think of that she would recognize for thirty minutes on the drive home. Half the time we were laughing while singing because if one of us would pause, we would hear, "Daddddddddddyyyyy...." or "Mommmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy..." and I could just feel her pointing at us accusingly of not singing!!

This is the stuff memories are made of. She is too funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Why didn't she ask me to sing when I visited?

Kylie said...

How cute. I have found that it is about this age that they really start to get entertaining... :)

Amanda said...

Gail: Stick around, I'm sure it will happen!

Kylie: Yes! We have definitely been saying that we LOVE this stage she is in. Although we've said that in every stage...