Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#79 - Keep my car clean for one entire week

I realize the way I wrote this out - "one entire week" may have some of you raising an eyebrow. I assure you, this was really hard for me. Case in point - it is April and I only just now was able to keep my car clean for an entire week. I guess between taking our own recycling, taking our own trash, taking loads to and from church for Fed By Faith, donating items to Fifi's, The Classy Paci, Goodwill, and Coalition, plus all my shopping excursions... my car is ALWAYS LOADED DOWN!!

I tried to sneak in my "clean car week" while we were in Vegas for four days... but Stephen just rolled his eyes when I suggested it, and I guess it would have been cheating. So the day we got back (well, really Saturday the 9th) I committed to keeping my car clean. The hope was that I would keep it clean for one week... then two... then a month... and so forth and so on. I am proud to say that every single day since then I have kept my car free from clutter. I may have bags of donation items ready to go, but there are no Goldfish to be found under the seat. No empty water bottles from three days ago. No gum wrappers. No loose change. One book and one musical instrument are kept in the back seat for Brianna but that's it.

Ahhhh. It feels so good. I hope I can keep it up!

No comments: