Monday, February 27, 2012

Preschool Snacks

Last semester at Brianna's preschool I somehow got away with only doing snacks one time (not to mention all the things for parties they had all throughout the year). But it's my turn again, so I got to thinking last week what would be cute, delicious, and at least somewhat healthy for these 2-year olds.


First of all I made blackberry oatmeal bars, which my kids love, so I'm hoping the other kids in class will as well. But I wanted to do something fun as well, which is why I turned to the Internet!




 Super easy and TOO CUTE!!!  This was the easiest little snack craft ever! You will need:

  • Snack size storage bags (I got a box of 50 from the Dollar Tree for $1.00)
  • A snack to put inside (I used Cheerios (well, Food Lion brand!) because we always have Cheerios around here!)
  • Clothes pins (I had a few but not enough so I bought a package of 36 from the Dollar Tree for $1.00)
  • Markers
  • Googly eyes (Again - $1.00 at the Dollar Tree for a bag of assorted sizes; you can also just draw on the eyes)
  • Pipe Cleaners (Mine were given to me by a friend who didn't have a use for them, but these are also at the Dollar Tree for $1.00!! See a pattern!?)
I recommend coloring the pins and gluing on the googly eyes (I used tacky glue) and then filling the snack bags. This way the eyes will dry by the time you're done sorting snacks.

Fill the snack bags with the snacks. I used about two handfuls so the bags weren't quite full all the way. Remember, you're still going to have to scrunch them. Press all the air out of the bags and zip them closed. Put the clothes pin in the middle of the bag and clip the pipe cleaner at the same time (no gluing necessary). Twist the pipe cleaners into antennae shapes.

I saw the picture for these here. I mean, how easy is that and I think the kids will think they are so fun!

No comments: