Thursday, April 18, 2013

Brianna Turns 4!

Okay, so I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Brianna is four. years. old. today, and so I don't even have an awesome novel to describe this incredible little girl, like a good blogger would. But hey, I'm gonna make up for it by blogging about our awesome day!

Let's start with a day about ten or so days ago. Brianna kept asking about her birthday, so we got out the handy dandy calendar. I drew a birthday cake on my mom's birthday, first of all, which is April 17. Then I drew a birthday cake on Bri's birthday, which is April 18. I drew four tiny little lines and flames and told her those were her four candles. Well, once she realized Grandma's cake didn't have any candles, she made SURE that I remedied that... and yes, she made me count as I drew them!


 Tuesday we celebrated Mom and Brianna's birthdays when we went to my parents' house for lunch:




P.S. This is the day we realized that Brianna does NOT like it when you sing Happy Birthday to her. Just for future reference.

Oh, this is Brianna pretending to be a sabre-tooth tiger. Not sure how this picture got on here.


Okay, on to the day of her birth!

Last night at church, her aunt Lauren gave her a birthday present which consisted of cake pops (devoured by me and the kids last night around 10:30!), a nail polish set, and a tiara/high heels set. So when I heard her waking up this morning upstairs, I set out the princess high heels and the crown at the foot of the stairs. I wish I had taken a picture of her face when she saw them waiting on her at the bottom of the stairs! She's had high heels and a crown before but I think it was just very cool to her that they were waiting for her, ready to be slipped on and spend the day as a princess! So obviously they were put on immediately and not taken off for several hours. Seriously.



Next up, we made a simple but special cake to celebrate her birthday. We're not doing a party this weekend because Stephen's working, so we just had a family over today that goes to our church. I thought it would be fun for all the kids if we had cake in the middle of the afternoon. And nothing fits Brianna more than a pink on pink cake. Enter - the strawberry cake. Oh yeah, with lots and lots of sprinkles!


While the cake cooked the kids opened the cards they'd gotten in the mail from their family in Georgia. They got gum and stickers!!



Brianna asked me where we were going for lunch. I told her we'd go wherever she wanted to. Of course, we went to Chick Fil-A!


After lunch we started preparing for our friends to come over. In our house, that means paint your fingernails and toenails. We used the new nail kit from Lauren to create these beautiful hands and feet!


Our friends Joe and Meagan, and their three kids Matthew, Hannah and Autumn came over and the kids had a ball playing outside! It was beautiful weather.



She asked for noodles and parmesan for dinner (easy enough) and ended the night by watching her newest favorite show, Super Why. She got phone calls galore and lots of sweet shout-outs on my Facebook page. Thanks to everyone that called, or commented on all the various pictures I posted today. We had so much fun!

My sister-in-law has a blog and she gave a shout-out to Bri on her blog today. Made me tear up!

Last year I did this 20 Questions thing with Brianna on her birthday. Here are her answers from last year. Here are the answers from this year.

Brianna Mae Talbert
April 18, 2013

1. What is your favorite color?  Pink
2. What is your favorite toy?  My toy telephone, my baby, and my pocketbook
3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes
4. What is your favorite TV show?  Scooby Do
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Chicken nuggets and french fries
6. What is your favorite outfit?  A dress and high heels
7. What is your favorite game?  Memory games
8. What is your favorite snack?  Potato chips
9. What is your favorite animal?  Horses
10. What is your favorite song?  Soon and Very Soon
11. What is your favorite book?  Aladdin
12. Who is your best friend?  Claire and Evan
13. What is your favorite cereal?  Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Ride my bike
15. What is your favorite drink?  Sweet tea
16. What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you?  Minnie Mouse, Panda, Baby, pink blanket, yellow blanket, pink and white blanket
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Waffles
19. What do you want for your birthday dinner?  Noodles with parmesan
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A nurse

I love my little girl!! Happy birthday sweetie!

No comments: