Friday, September 22, 2017

Gathering the Threads (Review)



This review is for the book "Gathering the Threads" by Cindy Woodsmall, who is one of my favorite fiction authors. This book is actually the third book in her Amish of Summer Grove series. Although I had not read either of the other books in the series, it did not take me long to catch on to the story. It definitely helped that Woodsmall put in a section in the beginning to go over the background story. Even with the background story, I was a little confused at who everyone was, but by about chapter three, I understood what was going on.

This is an interesting Amish story because it is so unlike other ones I have read. Ariana has found that she is actually "Englisch" although she grew up Amish, and spending time with her "Englisch" family has opened her eyes to some things about the Amish community that she isn't entirely sure about. She questions their trust in the bishop and some of the rules. This is hard for her family to understand, especially as she grows closer to Quill, her friend who actually left the Amish and helps other Amish leave the community. This is a great journey of faith for Ariana, though. I really enjoyed watching Ariana discover herself throughout this book.

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.

No comments: