Monday, June 4, 2007

There went Bambi



Tonight was the first night I've been able to cook a full meal at our new house. I know, that's awful. Stephen had to work 14 hours today so I wanted to make him something really special, one of his favorite meals. So we had venison cube steak and little green peas for dinner. It was totally yummy! And messy, as you can see from the above picture. Then we decided to take some time to relax and watch some of the shows we've been saving up. We watched about 20 minutes of Larry the Cable Guy, who is really not funny to me. Stephen's in bed right now, so I'm going to hurry this along so I can get some sleep too. I just wanted to make note of what he did last night.

(Setting: In bed, I'm reading and he's been asleep for about an hour. He begins to stir...)

Stephen: Where is the thing to drain the pillowcase?
Me: (looking utterly confused) What??
Stephen: (stands up, starts shaking his pillow and plumping it) You know, when you do the pillow with the pillowcase and you drain it?
Me: What in the world are you talking about?
Stephen: (frustrated, almost yelling) You drain the pillowcase in the toilet!

I sit there, mouth open, wondering what in the world he's talking about, when he drops his pillow and walks out of the bedroom. He comes back in about 30 seconds, laughs, and says, "I'm sorry, I was really out of it for a minute there."

Turns out he was having some crazy dream and didn't really wake up till he walked out of the bedroom. I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes because of the looks on his face during this episode. This morning he had to ask me about it again because he couldn't remember what happened. That's one reason why I loved living with Keely - stuff like that happened ALL THE TIME. EVERY NIGHT. So hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!

I need to talk to you about whether we can have a cookout and then play Manhunt at your house (on the golf course). It will be legendary. Sorry, I've been hanging around Bill too much.

Love you!