Friday, May 28, 2010

Accomplished Day

Have you ever had one of those days where you got so much done and you're so proud of yourself... but then you think, why don't I get this much done every day?? Well, I know each new day brings new circumstances so you can't expect too much out of yourself. For example, thanks to fabulous babysitters (mom and dad, a whole gaggle of Talberts), I was able to work Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday which is a real rarity. So yesterday was the first day I was going to be at home all day in several days. This is what I was able to get done yesterday:
  • listed one item on eBay
  • sold one item on eBay
  • folded Bri's laundry
  • folded one load of our laundry
  • washed dishes (x2)
  • made sweet tea
  • made squash for Bri
  • went to the post office to ship some things
  • went to the bank to make two deposits (one regular, one toward our Savings Goal for 2010 - I still need to blog about that)
  • went to Harris Teeter
  • went to Walgreens
  • made barbecue chicken, boiled squash and fried squash for dinner
  • more dishes
  • cleaned/swept/sanitized kitchen
  • made another batch of baby wipes
  • got some of my grocery rebates ready to mail in
  • and got in a few hours of work from home as well!
It may not seem like a lot to some people but that's a big day for me! This morning I woke up to the tune of Brianna jabbering away. I remember rolling my eyes, thinking how early it was. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the kitchen and saw that it was... 9:00?!?!? Holy cow! I guess I really needed to sleep!

Okay, so before I forget, I also need to write down another milestone Brianna has reached. Wednesday night at church we were playing with her in the fellowship hall. She was holding Jan's hands and walking to Stephen. Jan suddenly let go of her hands, and Brianna walked three steps without realizing it! From then on she gripped Jan much more tightly, haha! We really aren't in a hurry for her to start walking but I don't think it will be long before she figures it out. Stephen said he can't wait to see the look on her face when she realizes what she can do on her own. He really wants to see her "first" steps, and he probably will if she does them at home because I don't do anything during the day to help her practice walking. Although she did randomly stand by herself the other day when we were home by ourselves. I turned around and she was just standing there; had gotten up from sitting position by herself. So I guess she could walk by herself as well if she wants to!

Okay this is all the blogging time I have for today!

No comments: