Monday, August 2, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

First of all - VICTORY! I just sat down to write this blog and I am munching on salt & vinegar chips (oh my word, I love these and I never get to have them!!). Of course, as usual Brianna wants whatever I am eating. I gave her a nibble of a chip - she wanted more! That's my girl!! Stephen hates these chips and doesn't allow me to eat them on road trips because of the smell. It's devastating.

Today was my 30-week doctor's appointment. Thank goodness for doctor's appointments or I'd never know how far along I am. I'm sorry, Hunter, you definitely have Second Child Syndrome already.

Oh yeah... we've decided on a name. We're going with Hunter Grayson. Just to officially announce it!

Back to my appointment. I actually did not gain any weight since my last appointment four weeks ago. This amazes me considering I know how much I eat throughout the day. But now that I think about it - I danced with 100 kids at VBS for 2 1/2 hours every night one week in July. I chase a 15-month old around for hours during the day (literally - she loves being chased with baby dolls, vacuum cleaners, pillows, books, pretty much ANYTHING!). I worked several hours last week at Fed By Faith, moving boxes, donating items, making deliveries... I guess between all that my food consumption and "exercise" balanced for once. I am measuring small (27 inches) for how many weeks I am but they said it's just because I am "petite" most likely. Actually, when I was pregnant with Brianna I never had a doctor tell me how much I was measuring. I saw a nurse practitioner today to give her some extra practice and she took much more time with me than a doctor usually does. Dr. B, who delivered Brianna, asked me if it was okay with me if I saw this woman rather than him since my pregnancy is straightforward and uneventful. I certainly didn't care, I knew I didn't have any questions or problems, so I didn't care who I saw. Anyway, point being, if I had seen Dr. B. I'm sure he wouldn't have even told me my measurements.

Strangely enough, even though I am measuring small, I have still had multiple people jokingly (?) ask if I'm sure it's not twins. Keep in mind that is not really something that is funny when you're pregnant and feeling like a whale! I'm not even sure how much weight I have gained during this pregnancy. I didn't know my weight before I got pregnant and then when I was just a few weeks along - 7 I think - I got the Norovirus and dropped down to 100 pounds. It reminded me of how I felt after I had my tonsils out and I lost weight from not being able to eat solid foods. I don't know how people can skip meals and cut calories to lose weight. If I were that weight all the time I would be so tired and weak I couldn't get anything done!!

Anyway. I am officially into appointments every two weeks, and then once I am 36 weeks they will be once a week. This pregnancy is going so fast! My next appointment is an ultrasound, probably our last one, just to check the position and fluid of the baby.

When I was pregnant with Bri I would do these pregnancy surveys. I am going to do one now for Hunter because I feel so guilty about not paying him any attention until he kicks my bladder or rib! I really should take a stomach picture soon. I took one at 9 weeks or something and haven't since then. I am awful!!!

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I think somewhere around +10 pounds but not sure
Maternity clothes? I actually do have a couple of maternity tank tops I got from a yard sale. I've only worn each once though. I bought a maternity skirt too (only $3) but haven't worn it yet.
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: I get more sleep than before I had Brianna! She is pretty constant in sleeping 12 hours so I can usually squeeze in at least 9-10 hours if I go to bed when I should! I have a tendency to stay up very late reading but that's my own fault.
Best moment this week: Realizing I'm almost at single-digit weeks left!
Food cravings: nothing
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? still in for now but definitely flat!
Wedding rings on or off? on
What I miss: I have missed everything with our youth group this summer! I miss canoeing, rollercoasters, and especially I miss being able to do hard work without hearing, "Don't lift too much" or "Don't hurt that baby!" I promise, I am much more concerned about my baby than anyone else is. I won't overdo it but I'm not going to stand around either!
What I am looking forward to: the ultrasound in a couple of weeks
Weekly Wisdom: If you feel like you need a nap, just take it! I had some chores to do today but for some reason I was just wiped after this weekend. I finally forced myself to lay down and then once I woke up I was so refreshed, in a better mood, and obviously I still had time to do my chores!
Milestones: No real milestones, but almost in my 8th month!

2 comments:

'Tracey Garner said...

All I have to say is that it must be nice to be petite. LOL

Unknown said...

So it is official, my nephew has a name. I really like Hunter Grayson! I love you guys.