Alas, I am that mom who today found herself in a booth at McDonalds with her 16-month old, feeding her french fries and smiling as she laughed, stuffing them down her throat. There were several factors involved here.
- Brianna ate a small breakfast compared to usual (2 yogurts, a couple of small bowls of Apple Jacks and milk) so by lunchtime she was pretty hungry probably.
- I left her diaper bag at church last night and was going to get it today after lunch. It had a bunch of snacks in there.
- I had a mystery shop to do and couldn't think of a valid reason to get anyone to babysit when I knew she'd do fine.
- I figured french fries aren't the worst thing she's ever going to eat.
- French fries are made from potatoes, after all.
Oh well, like I said, not an optimal diet but at least it's a rare one. I do think she'll survive.