Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Calendar

A couple of months ago, Brianna found a really cute advent calendar at a yard sale that she just wouldn't put down. For $0.50, I obliged her, and it's actually REALLY cute.



But when I saw all these advent calendars on one of my favorite blogs, I knew I wanted to make one of those. I knew which one was just right for Brianna and Hunter!



My mother-in-law was kind enough to lend me some card stock. The background is one piece of card stock. We found a Santa icon online (we Googled images until we found one that we liked). We printed it to size (which was much harder than I had assumed it would be...) I traced each portion of Santa onto different colors of card stock and cut them out and glued them on the background together. Now, during the month of December, we will glue cotton balls onto Santa's beard. The closer Christmas is, the fuller his beard will appear! Bri definitely looks forward to this every day! I love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Sweet Tea Mama said...

This is a great idea. I've been looking for an advent calendar for this year. And even a craft-challenged person such as myself can do this.