Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Kindergarten - Day Two

I am certainly sure that I won't have time to blog about our school days every day, but I will do it on the days that I have extra time in the evenings. I like keeping up with what we're doing, and who knows - there may be someone out there interested in how we spend our days!

A lot of what we'll be doing daily is routine, and so I won't take pictures of the "old" stuff every day.

The first thing we did today was go over our prayer list. Then we did pledges and read our Pledge of Allegiance book again. I really like that book because I feel like it's making it easier for her to remember the pledge and know why we say it.

We read our Bible story, which was Adam and Eve today.  We also went over our scripture again (Romans 3:23) and she's already got it memorized!


 Then we went to the encyclopedia and read about the timeline of how people have changed (cave people, Egyptians, Medieval Times, etc.) and talked about how the cave people survived. Brianna loved that. If anyone has any good books regarding this subject, will you pass them on? I'd love to look further into it if it interests her.


 I also read her a new dinosaur book while she colored a picture.


We finished her Kindergarten assessment, which we began yesterday. It was fairly lengthy. I can't wait to see how far she comes throughout the year. She already knows a lot but I'm excited to see her learn in the next few months. Her two goals for the school year? Start adding big numbers together and learn to read. Two very good goals, I'd say!


Next was math. Again, math for the first few weeks is going to be very easy for her. I don't mind her doing review activities because it is still helping her get into the routine of school.


Then we read our poetry. Today's Mother Goose rhymes were "A Week of Birthdays" and "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play". We also read a poem called "Hello, Goodbye" from the book "The Llama Who Had No Pajama".


We also watched a short YouTube video which paraphrases the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg. We're into fables right now.

After that, we worked on the letter "F" again.


Fairly simple stuff, but I'm proud of Bri for learning new things (like the pledge, and being still for the things that aren't her favorite). Her two favorite things are math and being read to, but she is so patient for all the other things we have to get done. Hunter is doing great playing independently, by the way! I'm so proud of them both.

We even had time to have a play date with Grandma and Grandpa! Here's a picture with their new picnic table!


After dinner we were able to go out on the porch and swing, eat Italian Ices and read more of Ralph S. Mouse. We're almost done with it. I feel like I could just live my life on that porch swing with my family. These are some pretty awesome days.

No comments: