Friday, August 18, 2017

Winning the Battle (Review)




This review is for the book "Winning the Battle for the Night" by Faith Blatchford. This book focuses on God's intent for nighttime, sleep, and rest. Our world is so fast-paced that many of us struggle with nighttime anxiety, insomnia, restlessness, or brains that just won't quit. We don't get the rest we need, and then we are more vulnerable to anger, mood swings, and even throwing off our appetites and desire to be healthy.

One of the best things I read in this book that I had never thought of is that the dark doesn't belong to the devil. God created the darkness, and it therefore belongs to him. I am safe in the darkness because it belongs to God. His angels watch over me during the night. These are all promises that I can rely on when I am restless or afraid at night.

I really liked the premise of this book and I think that a lot of people could really use this to reclaim their sleep.

Thank you to Chosen Publishers for a copy of the book.

No comments: