Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christy (Review)




This review is for the book "Christy" by Catherine Marshall. I actually first learned about this story when I watched the TV series back when I was a little girl. I fell in love with that television show. So I was very excited to get this 50th anniversary edition of the book to read! I will say that this book is so daunting when you first pick it up because it is so thick! But the pages turn quickly because the story is so captivating!

Christy is a 19-year old teacher who is moving from her home in Asheville, North Carolina, to cutter Cap which is a very isolated part of the Smoky Mountains. She is going to have to learn to deal with a lot of changes - including suspicion from the people who live there, learning about their traditions and superstitions, and the ravage of poverty in these mountains.

You'll fall in love with these people, just as Christy does, and you'll love to watch her journey. A book you can read over and over again!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.

No comments: