Monday, May 19, 2008

What a weekend!

Oh thank goodness. Jenn has already posted a blog about dad's retirement party on Friday. I thought that I wouldn't be able to describe it in enough detail and with enough excitement, and she did a really great job, so I'll just let her handle that! I will post my pictures ASAP but they pretty much are duplicates of Jenn's.

Saturday Jenn, mom and I went to Chapel Hill for a waxing date. It was so much fun - I love traveling with them - and we had the opportunity to go to Trader Joe's (where I racked up on my favorite Asian microwaveables, bagels and wine which are always cheaper there) and a few good thrift stores. I bought too many books, as usual. Seriously, I need a whole house for my library. Saturday night we cooked ribs (which were bought on sale for $3 for about 2 pounds worth) and I made a really great and easy rub for them. They were mouth-watering!! We also watched the entire Indiana Jones series this weekend, which is a huge accomplishment for us, as it takes us forever to watch movies usually.

This week we actually have more nights where we are doing nothing than nights we have plans. I can't remember the last time that happened. It makes me think I'm probably forgetting something we have planned.

No comments: