Here are the items I completed in 1001 days:
74. Make a final decision on if I want to get my Masters or not.
As for the ones I did not complete??
- 12. Go to See You At The Pole with my youth group members - for some reason, the first year I offered this, none of the kids had ever even heard of SYATP and when they found out they had to be at school an hour early, well, forget it. The next year our church had started a school of their own and the majority of our youth group started going there, so I knew this one would not be accomplished.
- 15. Go back to Las Vegas - after I got pregnant with Brianna, I kind of figured this one wasn't going to happen. Plus, Stephen said if you don't drink or gamble Las Vegas just isn't as much fun. I did remind him that both the other times we've been there we were under 21 so couldn't do either... but I loved the shows and city anyway! We do want to go back someday to see a few groups that perform out there. Just don't know when it will happen.
- 17. Go to the Georgia Aquarium - we could have easily done this but when it first opened it was so doggone crowded! Now it's just doggone expensive. We'll probably put this off until we have at least one child old enough to enjoy it with us.
- 20. Go to a comedy club, or see a stand-up comedian live - I really thought I'd get to do this one, especially after finding out that a couple of lady friends - Tracey and Cheryl - both do a Christian comedy/inspirational act! Every time they were in town I was out of town though! We have a few comedy clubs within driving distance but the acts were always rated R and we just couldn't see paying to see someone we probably wouldn't even think was funny.
- 22. Visit another country (not in North America) - Oh yeah, I knew this was a long shot. Especially, again, after getting pregnant.
- 33. Cook a ham - This is something I'd still like to do but Stephen is really picky about the way he likes his ham. I didn't want to waste the money on something so huge if he wouldn't help me eat it.
- 34. Eat out at the Melting Pot - I made this a goal and then I saw the prices at Melting Pot. Enough said.
- 40. find one cheesecake recipe I love; get rid of ALL OTHERS!! - There are way too many cheesecake recipes available. This was a silly goal.
- 41. Make back-ups of all my pictures that are online - Well, I have done this, technically, but as I keep adding pictures online that means I will always have some that don't have back-ups! Maybe I should have counted this one, I don't know.
- 42. Finish our photo collage - We decided shortly after making this goal not to do this anymore.
- 43. Make more jewelry - Never had the time.
- 44. sell one of my “Todd” pictures - Renee kindly offered to buy one of these, and I had someone else entertain the thought of buying one but it just never happened. I wasn't as pushy as I could have been probably.
- 46. sell at least one crafty thing I make - In order to complete this goal I would have actually had to make something crafty. Never got around to it.
- 48. Donate plasma - Turns out that I probably shouldn't donate plasma. I can barely donate blood.
- 49. Get in the habit of working out - This just never happened. I am determined to get in the habit of working out after Hunter is born though!!
- 51. Be responsible for one person getting saved - I realized quickly that this was also a silly goal. It is much more appropriate to live your life as a testimony, planting "seeds" in other people, even if you never know if you are the one who leads them to salvation. A weakness of mine is always wanting to see end results, but sometimes you just have to keep plugging away and we will find out those results in heaven!
- 59. Get a passport - I really didn't need one and they're quite expensive so I'm putting this on hold.
- 62. Beat Dance Dance - Turns out Dance Dance (a video game) doesn't have an option to be beaten...
- 65. Bike somewhere I would normally drive to - Turns out Moore County is much less biker-friendly than I imagined!! The places I could have biked to didn't have anywhere to lock the bike up, and everywhere else was along the highway. Not cool, MoCo.
- 70. Quit hitting the snooze button - Turns out that the days I actually use an alarm (once every couple of months), I actually like hitting the snooze button. I love that extra five minutes.
- 76. Improve my golf game - Not sure if this happened or not. We were gung-ho about golf at the time and didn't really play in the next two "seasons". I have nothing to compare to.
- 77. Quit complaining - I think I have at least cut down on my complaining, but I really was hoping to not complain AT ALL. Wouldn't that be nice???
- 83. Do something with Habitat for Humanity - Stephen says I should cross this one off but I feel like I can't. By the time I finally got involved with them I was too far along in pregnancy to do too much outside labor in the heat of summer or be cooped up in a room painting or putting in installation. I got our youth group involved in volunteering but I never actually did any work, so I didn't cross it off.
- 84. Walk the dogs at Moore Humane Society - After I had Bri, I was scared to do this because I didn't know how many dogs they would give me to walk and if I could walk her in the stroller at the same time. I should have called but I never did.
- 86. play bocce ball in our back yard - We talked about this A LOT - our neighborhood actually had a bocce ball tournament a few weeks ago but we were out of town - just never got around to it. I'd still like to do this.
- 96. don’t raise my voice - I wish I could cross this one off! I HATE it when I raise my voice to someone. It makes me feel rude and out of control. I must say I can only think of two or three times I have done it... I was pregnant both times - does that count for anything??
- 97. beat my time riding the mechanical bull (9 seconds) - The chances I had to ride the mechanical bull were lost because I was pregnant.
- 98. learn sign language again - This is a nice idea but until I have a lot of motivation I'm never going to be fluent in sign language. We do motions and some sign language with Bri but not enough to cross this off the list.
And unlike some people, I am kind of sad this is over. :) I will most likely do another list when I have time to sit down and think about what I want to put on it for sure.