Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August Goals

As listed here, I created goals for August that I wanted to accomplish. Let's see how I did...
  • $100 grocery budget - CHECK!
  • 6 new recipes - CHECK!
  • 5 books read and out of the house - CHECK!
  • $10 sold on eBay - CHECK!
  • organize 500 coupons - CHECK!
  • make X amount of money - CHECK!
  • organize sock drawer - CHECK!
Yay! I reached every goal this month!

The sock drawer was out of control. I had random things in there, tons of single socks, and lots of socks I never wear because they're uncomfortable. It was time to declutter!!


So here's the gist of what was in my drawer:
  • 49 - pairs of socks kept
  • 6 - singles of socks tossed
  • 10 - pairs of socks sold at the yard sale
  • other miscellaneous items of interest - a pocketknife, 5 candles, swimming goggles, UFC tickets, an Ipod case, one tampon, a key (to what, I don't know), 7 CDs, earrings, a carabiner, candle holders, and an Atkins diet sample pack
Don't ask me how all these stuff made it in my sock drawer of all places, but now the drawer is Socks Only!!

Here are my goals for the month of September (mostly the same as every other month):
  • $100 grocery budget
  • 4 new recipes (not sure how much I may feel like cooking towards the end of the month)
  • 5 books read and gone from the house
  • $10 worth of items sold on eBay
  • make X amount of money to go towards our savings
  • organize 500 coupons
  • clean out my underwear drawer
  • hang all of Hunter's NB to 3 month clothes
  • box up all of Brianna's clothes from NB to 6 month (and any 6-9 she has outgrown)
  • box up both kids' clothes that are way too old for them (2T, 3T, etc.)
I think that'll be enough for one month's time. We'll see how it goes! Anyone else doing some goal-setting this month??

2 comments:

'Tracey Garner said...

I cleaned out my underwear drawer last month and I had 40 pair of underwear at home. Not counting what I keep up here, and that was after I threw some away. LOL

Amanda said...

If I had 65 pairs of socks (which I rarely wear socks) I am terrified to find out the number of undies I own. I have had a bit of obsession shopping for cute underwear in the past... we'll see!!