Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend

Well, there's not much that went on this weekend considering we can't take Hunter out around all the people who have the crud and stuff. And for the most part, where he goes, I go, for nursing purposes.

Yesterday morning we had to take him back to the doctor because his jaundice level had gone up from Wednesday to Friday. They said the number it was on Saturday (his fourth day of life) would be as high as it would go, so he just had to be rechecked. It wasn't in the 20's, which is all they care about, so we were sent home with a thumbs up.

When we got home we all just lounged around a bit, and after Hunter ate lunch I took Brianna on an excursion, just us girls. Of course we made a trip to Food Lion! I guess if you want to be technical I am not supposed to drive for another week or so but I don't plan on running around every day or anything. Plus, I thought we needed some alone time. It's really important to me that I am still able to have some alone time with Bri every day if possible, especially in these first few weeks when Hunter sleeps 20 hours a day!

For dinner I decided to make homemade chicken noodle soup. Stephen and Brianna have both had colds since Wednesday so I thought it would be comforting to them. It turns out that while we were in the hospital the temperature dropped way lower than it had been at night, which meant Brianna's thermostat upstairs was dropping to the high 60's and low 70's when she's used to it being higher than that. So we wondered if that was why she got sick, although it could also be because she gnaws on everything she can get her hands on and stays in church nursery and MMO. So... doesn't really matter how she got it (or Stephen, for that matter), just that they get better and hopefully Hunter and I will stay immune!

I didn't go to church this morning since we obviously aren't taking Hunter out yet. Stephen and Brianna went, and then ran out to a family reunion on his grandma's side of the family. Hunter and I took a nap, and then while he kept sleeping I was able to do some things around the house, cleaning up a bit, doing some laundry and switching Brianna's diaper bag items to a larger, gender-neutral bag that the kids can share. Someone gave us that one as an extra when Brianna was born and now I'm very grateful for it so we don't have to lug around two diaper bags. I think everything would fit in Bri's hot pink diaper bag and we could do that if we had to, but I think this will be better. :)

So as you can see, not much is blogworthy! Things haven't really changed around here so far except for the fact that every two to three hours I spend sitting on the couch with Hunter now to feed him. That will be interesting when it's just me, him and Brianna here and Bri wants my full attention. But I know she'll get used to that. We were very fortunate to be able to snap back into full swing around here without any issues. I know things will come up over the next few weeks/months/years, but for now, we're just taking it one day at a time!!

We feel very blessed!

No comments: