Saturday, January 5, 2013

Psalm 8

2013-01-05 17.47.41
 
What God has done or will do (actions):
  • Set his glory above the heavens (v. 1)
  • Created all things (v. 3)
  • Crowned us with honor and glory and gave us dominion over the created things here on earth (v. 5, 6)
Commands to me:
Consider all that he has created and all that he has given to us (v. 3)

Characteristics of God:
His name is excellent, He is creator, one who stops my enemies, loves me enough to give me responsibilities

What to take away from this:
God created all things. But he also cared enough about me to give me responsibilities over the earth. What am I doing with that? God gets all the glory but we must be his hands and feet on earth.

I would love to know if you have any thoughts to add to this beautiful scripture! Something I missed? Something I misinterpreted? Something I should take note of?

This scripture reminded me of my #1 favorite worship song. It's called "Beautiful" and it's by Shawn McDonald. I would love for you to take the time to listen to it. My favorite lyrics that are in the song are (in no particular order):

  • How you hold them [the stars] in your hand, and still you know this man.
  • What am I, that I might be called your child?
  • What am I, that you might know me, my King?
  • The same hands that created all of this, they created you and I.
  • What am I, that you might die that I might live?
  • What a beautiful God!


 

No comments: