What God has done or will do (actions):
- Set his glory above the heavens (v. 1)
- Created all things (v. 3)
- Crowned us with honor and glory and gave us dominion over the created things here on earth (v. 5, 6)
Consider all that he has created and all that he has given to us (v. 3)
Characteristics of God:
His name is excellent, He is creator, one who stops my enemies, loves me enough to give me responsibilities
What to take away from this:
God created all things. But he also cared enough about me to give me responsibilities over the earth. What am I doing with that? God gets all the glory but we must be his hands and feet on earth.
I would love to know if you have any thoughts to add to this beautiful scripture! Something I missed? Something I misinterpreted? Something I should take note of?
This scripture reminded me of my #1 favorite worship song. It's called "Beautiful" and it's by Shawn McDonald. I would love for you to take the time to listen to it. My favorite lyrics that are in the song are (in no particular order):
- How you hold them [the stars] in your hand, and still you know this man.
- What am I, that I might be called your child?
- What am I, that you might know me, my King?
- The same hands that created all of this, they created you and I.
- What am I, that you might die that I might live?
- What a beautiful God!