Monday, May 7, 2007

The Barn is overpriced, I don't care that it's a classic

Today was overall a pretty good day. I worked only for a couple of hours (which sounds really fun but actually when that happens I just picture dollar signs with wings, like in the old comic books.) Then I went to jury duty to see if I could get myself out of it. It was actually kind of fun hanging out with some of these strangers. I seem to find myself really getting along with women over 40 for some reason. We just click. (Am I that old lady-ish or are they just young at heart?) We had to watch this birdbrained* video for "Potential Jurors." Hosted by Walter Cronkite. Are you yawning yet? It talked about how jury duty isn't a duty at all, and it should really be called jury service. Hah! And THEN at one point in the video, it says, "At some point you may be dismissed from being a juror for any number of reasons. Please don't take offense at this." At this point, people really started guffawing. Anyway, because of mom being in the hospital (bless her heart, I've used her as an excuse for so many things but she seems happy to be of service) I was able to get my "service" deferred until July 30. Then I'll do my blessed duty.

Anyway, then tonight I went out with some of the girlies from church. We ate at The Barn whichiswayoverpricedinmyopinionandyougetsmallportionsandreallythefoodisnotthatmuchbetterthanmostplacesthatarealotcheaper. But it was fun anyway. And my friend Allison announced her pregnancy! I am so thrilled for her. So let's take count:

1 - friend this year who has already had a baby
2 - friends this year who are starting to try to get pregnant
3 - friends this year who are pregnant at this moment

I'm tellin' ya, there's something in the air around here. And before you ask - I'm not holding my breath but I'm not taking deep breaths either. And that's all I have to say about that.


* I actually just used thesaurus.com to look up a synonym for the word "retarded". I hate using that word but this video really was just that.

No comments: