Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Welcome, New Earthlings

I'd like to welcome two beautiful babies into this world from this week!


Above: Miss Carly Ann Riggs


Above: Mr. Jack Rose

I'm so glad that these lovely ladies each had healthy birthing experiences! It makes me more likely to think about having children.

I told Jenn that I wasn't going to post tonight because I was having such a bad day. Really, just a bad time frame - not the whole day was bad. But then again, people have to see the dark side of Amanda every so often. And tomorrow, I won't remember how tired I am right now, or how frustrated I was almost being late for church, or how anxious I felt driving home from Chapel Hill in the rain, seeing four wrecks and praying that I wasn't the next one (as well as praying for my Dear Ole Sis who was on the roads too), or how sad I was that I didn't get to see Stephen tonight, or how irritated I was when the youth group leader didn't show up for youth group and I had to pull a lesson out of my butt, or how I am SO OVER the drama between two certain people. Okay I probably won't forget that I am SO OVER the drama. I knew a game of cards would straighten out all those emotions. So I played with Stephen's grandma. And she whupped me. But I feel better all the same. Maybe because during that game I realized that my day wasn't so tough compared with some people in this very house.

And today was actually a good day up until the point where the bottom fell out of the sky. I hate driving in rain. Granny and Granddaddy came up to visit mom. And it was nice enough outside that we could go walking in the butterfly garden at the hospital. Then we went to the bath and body sale in the children's hospital lobby. Then we went to the gift shop and got mom some badly needed salt and vinegar chips.

I best be off. I have a doc's appointment on Pope tomorrow morning so I need to rest up so I look perky and healthy for him/her.

No comments: