Congratulations to Stephen!! Yesterday he won a radio trivia contest (where do poinsettas come from? Mexico!) and got us four "tickets" to Golden Corral!! He loves it, because he's a yeast roll whore. We used to go to Ryan's for lunch in Charleston (same thing as Golden Corral), and he wouldn't even order a buffet. He'd just get the yeast rolls baskets nonstop. That's one reason why making fluffy, edible yeast rolls are a goal of mine!
Last night we had our Christmas party with Gail and Jeff. I will have to post pictures later. It was fun and very delicious!! Mmm, so much food. We got some cute pictures of all the couples, so I'll have to make sure to get them up here.
I just ran across this old test I took about 5 years ago. This is what I scored on the old test:
And this is what I scored about 45 seconds ago:
URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
Seems that I've mellowed in my old age.
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
I love Jack Handey, from old SNL. These are some of his one-liners, that I just think are hilarious.
- I wish outer-space guys would conquer Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little basket-beds with my name on it.
- One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse.
- I think it should be a law that if you ever get sucked up into a tornado, whatever you can grab with your hands while you're swirling around up there, you get to keep.
- When I went for my first job interview, I guess I was pretty confident, because I told the guy who was interviewing me he was fired. I didn't get the job, but that isn't what bothered me. What bothered me was I found out a few months later that that guy was still working there. Hey, man, I fired you!
- Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Forget it, little friend.
- I think there probably should be a rule that if you're talking about how many loaves of bread a bullet will go through, it's understood that you mean lengthwise loaves. Otherwise it makes no sense.
- If you're a cowboy, and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.
- The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.
- The big, huge meteor headed toward the Earth. Could nothing stop it? Maybe Bob could. He was suddenly on top of the meteor-through some kind of space warp or something. "Go, Bob, go!" yelled one of the generals. "Give me that!" said the big-guy general as he took the microphone away. "Listen, Bob," he said. "You've got to steer that meteor away from Earth." "Yes, but how?" thought Bob. Then he got an idea. Right next to him there was a steering wheel sticking out of the meteor.
Thanks, Jenn, that did help.