Where else but in New York can you witness these everyday occurences?
- It starts to rain at 2:25 pm and at 2:27 pm the street hawkers have set up sidewalks shops and are selling umbrellas.
- An aged, over-the-hill boxer jogging in the middle of Broadway decked out in boxing gloves and shadow boxing with an imaginary opponent every third step, and winning.
- Signs on Manhattan parking garages all over advertising bargain rates - six hours for "only" $12.50
- Bumper-to-bumper taxis at war with bumper-to-bumper pedestrians, thousands of horns blowing to no avail.
- Office buildings that disappear into the sky - or somewhere.
- Hundreds of thousands of people walking to or from somewhere and staring straight ahead.
- Smartly dressed women, wearing expensive dresses, rushing frantically at 5 pm wearing sneakers and carrying their expensive high heels in their hands, trying to make it to the bus or subway.
New York. It is a city of tall buildings and short money.