Friday, September 19, 2008

Let's rock!

Last night was very busy. So busy that I slept all night long, without getting up one time. That's a major accomplishment.

Right after work, I went to Rock the Plaza, which was being hosted by our very own Kirby Real Estate Group!!! I got my very own Kirby Koozie! A good time was had by all. I saw a ton of the coolest people in the county - including my fam, Carrie K, Melissa B, and all the Kirbys. I did really well at not spending any money. I had to leave there pretty quickly because Harris Teeter was having triple coupons. And I think we all know that you have to go as early as possible on triple coupon days!! I ended up having to make two trips because of all my coupons. My first trip was the best - I spent $34 and saved $37 in coupons. I think that's the first time I've saved more than I spent. I was pretty proud of myself until I talked to mom, the reigning Coupon Queen, who spent a mere $18 and saved $43 in coupons. That is my goal in life! I'm going to start warming up now for the next triple coupon event.

Is anyone else freezing today? I am so fortunate that Renee and I work in the same office and have the same body temperature. We are so cold. The heater is running full-force and we've decided we want to install a fireplace back here. I told her when she starts having hot flashes I won't be able to work here anymore - they'll freeze me out!!

We are still watching America's Got Talent, and they are down to the top 5. I'm trying to post this video of my favorite of who is left. They are called Nuttin' But Stringz. They are two brothers from NY who play in subways and stuff. They write all their own music and are incredible violinists. I love how they blend violins and hip-hop. I hope the video works, and the sound, because if the sound doesn't work it's pointless!


No comments: