Friday, October 31, 2008

Segue?

After using the word "segue" in my last post, it reminded me of a funny story. The other night, me and Stephen and Taylor were driving around and they started talking about "segue" this and that. I was so confused, and with these two guys I was SURE they had their words mixed up. I was very high and mighty and kept saying, "Are you sure you guys know what a segue is?" I kept spelling it for them, which of course made no difference whatsoever.

Finally, last night, Stephen and I were searching for something online, and he points and yells, "THAT'S a Segway!" Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


Now you know.

2 comments:

Ken Loyd said...

I enjoyed all your little segues and Segways. I've been wondering when the word 'segue' segued its way into the English language. Although it isn't in my old American Heritage dictionary, a Spanish verse called a 'seguidilla' (not to be confused with 'quesadilla') IS. It comes from the Spanish word 'seguida,' meaning 'sequence,' and 'seguir,' meaning 'to follow.' Does that follow? Anyway, I'm gonna check Wikipedia, and then Snopes--if they can be trusted on this matter.

Ken Loyd said...

P.S. I suspect 'segue' is from French because of its pronunciation. I'll let you know if I find out.