Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pregnancy survey

The last time I did this was at 8 weeks, so probably a lot of stuff has changed since then!!

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 7 or 8 pounds
Maternity clothes? I have one pair of black maternity pants that I do wear to work. Otherwise, I am not into shirts yet, and don't need more pants thanks to the miracle of the belly band!
Stretch marks? not yet!
Sleep: I am still just as tired as I was at the beginning of this pregnancy. Thankfully, I have only had two nights where I really haven't slept at all. If I don't sleep well it's usually due to bladder issues.
Best moment this week: I have a few of these. Feeling her kick (although I'd appreciate not being kicked in the bladder thankyouverymuch) is one. Since I found out that she should be able to distinguish my voice now, I read my devotions out loud to her before bed. Then I lay in bed while Stephen rubs my belly and calls her name to see if she'll kick for him (she doesn't.)
Food cravings: still nothing
Gender: girl!
Labor Signs: no, thank the Lord!
Belly Button in or out? still in for now
Wedding rings on or off? on for now
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, wine
What I am looking forward to: being big enough that people are sure I'm pregnant and not just bloated, and of course just meeting Brianna!
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep whenever possible (I give this advice but don't follow it unfortunately). Learn how to politely refuse advice when given. Learn to tune out the phrase, "She's going to change your life" or "You have no idea. Your life will never be the same." Learn to love hand-me-downs (although I am cheap enough that I really don't have to learn that!)
Milestones: Finally being able to read out loud to Brianna and knowing (hoping!) that she really can hear right now.

No comments: