Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lots of Miscellaneous

I never blogged about getting my hair chopped off. It's not really a fascinating topic, but I have these pictures on my camera so I figured I may as well post them. I've been wanting to get my hair cut for forever - I hadn't had it cut since I found out I was pregnant with Brianna... August 2008 people!! It just seemed like if I had someone that could babysit Brianna I shouldn't waste the time getting my hair cut, I should be working or getting things done around the house. And there just never seemed to be a good time to take her with me. Hence, my hair was very long and stringy, and always in my way.

Finally, Jennifer came to my rescue. She told me about this great stylist, Jada, who was working from home because she was so close to having her baby. She said that it worked out great because Claire could just play around Jada's house while Jenn was getting her hair cut. So we worked out a time that we could both get our hair cut at the same time, plus the babies were entertained, plus we could go to Chick Fil-A afterward. So, win-win-win situation!!


Brianna is so happy to be in that picture with me. Actually I was going to post this one but I look like a goofball:


Well now I've posted it so it doesn't matter anyway. That was the day we were getting ready to go to the lake with Jenn & Claire, Nana, and Grace, Elizabeth and Amelia. That was a great day!

For the Fourth of July, we had family in town. This is Brianna gnawing on Oma's leg. It tickled Oma which made Brianna laugh very hard!!



We played a game called Apples to Apples (we are always playing some new board game around here!!) and Bri didn't want to be left out. Her card-loving days started at Grandpa and Grandma's house and now she loves to play with cards wherever she goes!


After a rousing card game, Brianna's uncle Josh thought it would be a good idea to sit her on the coffee table to read a good book. I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture before removing her.


Every year we go to Stephen's grandma's for Fourth of July fireworks. I actually dressed Bri for the holiday since I saw this dress in her closet and realized she'd never worn it and probably will never wear it again... These are her favorite magnets at Grandma Betty's house!! I believe Kathy got them for her.


And at the end of a long day, sometimes you just want to sit down and read a good book...


And then when Daddy gets home, you just want to play with him... even if he doesn't play back!


Determined to wake him up!!


And last but not least, here is our yummy produce from this week! I exchanged the lettuce for more tomatoes because we still have lettuce from our last box.


Squash, green pepper, 3 lbs of potatoes, tomatoes, peaches, okra, blueberries, and corn. Yummy!!

4 comments:

'Tracey Garner said...

I am so ready to start getting a box of veggies. Everything looks so good. I love your hair.

Brooke and Johnathan said...

Cute hair cut!

Kaitlin said...

brianna is so so cute in all of these photos!

Amanda said...

Thank you everyone!