Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Christmas Tree

We have a Christmas tree in our church this year for the first time ever. The Sunday it was put up, our pastor read this poem. I loved it and wanted to share it here. It is titled "The Christmas Tree".

From a tree a manger was made,
On the first Christmas, in it He laid.

Also from a tree a cross was made
And on it, for our sins, the price He paid.

I remember each year, as the tree I adorn
His gift giving began, the day He was born.

As I gently place each ornament of gold
In His hands I place my heart, and my life for Him to hold.

Trusting in Him to take good care of me,
I pray and I sing as I decorate the tree.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light, said He,
That's why I put lights on my Christmas tree.

Each one is unique and decorated differently
But your cross in each one is what I will see.

From now on, when I look at each Christmas tree
I will remember, You arose Lord, after dying for me.

No comments: