Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Bird, A Girl, and a Rescue (Review)






This review is for the book "A Bird, a Girl, and a Rescue" by J.A. Myhre. Almost exactly a year ago, I was reading the first book by the fabulous J.A. Myhre. I remember reading it in just a few hours because I couldn't put it down, and I walked around for weeks hailing it as one of the best young adult fiction books I had ever read. I recommended it to everyone who would listen. So obviously I was stoked to read her latest novel! In this story we meet Kiisa, an 11-year old who doesn't even realize she is about to be sent on the mission of her life. She is sent to boarding school, and while she is there she meets a fantastic bird named Njili who is about to be her closest companion. The story contains adventure, danger, and bravery like none other. It is captivating and I can almost guarantee that not only will you love it, but so will your sons and daughters. This is a book that will stay on my shelf so my kids and I can read it over and over - and that doesn't happen very often.

Thank you to Cross Focused Reviews for a copy of the book.

No comments: