Friday, November 18, 2016

Life Creative (Review)






This review is for the book "Life Creative" by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart. I was just recently introduced to Kelli Stuart as an author, so I was excited to read something of hers that was nonfiction. This book is a calling out to moms all over, that they will not lose their spark and creativity in the midst of the mundane that tends to take over our lives.

This book absolutely gripped me from the second chapter. As soon as the authors spoke on the feeling of longing for bedtime instead of longing for ministry and creativity and inspiring the world, I started nodding in agreement. The authors acknowledge that while we love our "captors", we're under house arrest. Yes, yes, and yes! My days go back and forth between knowing my mission field lives with me and feeling that urge that I need to be doing more. I know I'm not alone! Throughout the rest of the book we learn how to rest, how to listen closely to God, and how to find our creativity in the busyness of our lives.

I absolutely loved this book, and needed this book. I recommend it to all mothers, especially ones with young children!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.













No comments: