Friday, November 18, 2016

Cold Case Christianity (Review)



This review is for the book "Cold-Case Christianity for Kids" by J. Warner Wallace and Susie Wallace. This is the type of book that I absolutely love to have on hand for my kids to read. This book is written by someone who is actually a detective of cold cases, but he has tailored this book to fit the learning styles and knowledge of kids. The illustrations are awesome and will definitely capture the attention of the kids reading this book. The book moves along slowly enough to build momentum and keep the attention of kids who are reading it, but quickly enough so that they don't lose interest. This is a great book for young readers to read so they can grasp the foundations of the Christian faith from a "logical" perspective. It is important to have some facts under your belt along with your "blind faith" so you can be strong in the truths you learn. As the kids in the book learn how to investigate the mystery of the skateboard, they are also learning how to investigate God's truths for themselves. I love the parallel throughout the book. I think this book will make a lot of sense to kids who are reading it. I read it with my kids the first time but I would like them to read it on their own over and over again because I think it will only make more sense each time they read it through. I think this is a book that all households should have on their shelf!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for a copy of the book.

No comments: